Thursday, September 18, 2008

Question of the month

My sister is starting this up in our family - because they live in AL - there's another one in Las Vegas and the rest are in Michigan (there's also one in TN, but not part of the Tell side)...She's sending out a question of the month so that we can all answer and keep in touch and maybe even get to know one another better seeing as how we don't see each other often at all! So, this month's question is...

If you won the lottery tomorrow, how would your life change?

I had to ask how much the lottery was - she replied a billion...cuz, if it was only a small lottery, say $50,000 (ha! small...i'd take 50k too! that would be huge too!) i wouldn't be able to do what is on my list...

so, here's my list...

Alrighty…
I would not let anyone else know besides blood family – as I don’t want “family coming out of nowhere” and hopefully our lifestyle wouldn’t change too much (besides upgrading a bit and oh, my hubby not working…ok, it might be a bit of a change)

give…10% - to our church/other charities (I might change the percentage…depends on how the whole tax thing would workout with all the caps on things, etc…might put it on a yearly giving program…wow…that’s a little selfish for being giving…but – hey – that’s how I roll…and we’re being honest, right?)

I would pay off our mortgage and maybe upgrade house…ok – not maybe, we’d build again…

put away for each of our children to go to any of the best colleges (they can still choose, I just want it to be available)

put a chunk away for each of them to retire on

set a chunk (and a big chunk) for us to retire on and travel with

Get my hubby a custom made cycle – for all he’s provided for us…he needs a special toy for taking care of us! And I’d get my mustang back…

Make sure my parents and grandparents were well taken care of for the rest of their lives (no debts etc…)

Pay off my siblings mortgages and debts

Retirement for my siblings

College funds for nieces and nephews

Pay off debt for our children’s school system so they can better teach our children.

Can’t think of anything else...selfish or not, this is what I would do…

Post what you would do...i'd love to hear...tell the truth! I won't judge you...it's your money afterall!

Love to all!
Chrissy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... that has me thinking. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey chrissy where is my cut? J.J. I just had to say something.
Uncle Butter