Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Changepoint (i stole it, sorry)...






I have entered a new world. The world of friends, enemies, "I like him/her", "i don't like him/her", homework, book clubs, fundraising sales and my children growing up right before my eyes! My first baby, my dear, sweet Gabriella, had her first day of preschool today. I am almost at a loss for words. We worked her up for it, she was excited, she picked out her clothes for her first day and the backpack that she would bring, and we were set to go this morning. I started watching Riley for this school year (for those that don't know - Riley is the youngest (of four)daughters of some wonderful friends of ours. She is just a few months younger than gabby (our oldest.) We are all still kind of wondering, as both of our girls dads went to school together (same age, etc) and were trouble together. Now we're wondering what kind of trouble our girls will get in together...as they will be travelling through Cal together...oye. We're in for it. Riley's mommy dropped her off this morning, and while we were talking, her mommy asked me to be in her wedding - yes they are already married, but they are doing it again, and doing it like they wanted it to be done many years ago...YEAH!! I'm so honored! I don't really connect with females, always felt more comfortable around the guys, but i connect with conny. We're growing a great friendship and i was sincerly moved that she wanted me to be in the wedding! Anyway - so that is how i started the day...wow, GREAT start! Riley came in and we got the other monkeys ready to go and took some pics and video and then packed us all in the truck to drive up the street to gabby's pre-school! We got there - no parking spots open. Sorry to the possible staff that may have not had a parking spot, but i had to park somewhere...i finally park and get all the kids out and head to school. We pointed out where riley's dad works, and where riley and Gabby will be going to kindergarden next year, and of course ty had to tell us all, over and over again, that this was his school too (by telling, i mean arguing, as that's all he does with his sister and riley). I took some pics outside and out in the hallway - she found her locker and put her sweatshirt and backpack in it, and in to the room we went (she was still super excited). I handed her teacher - Mrs. Lillie - her contact paperwork and dr. info, etc, and Mrs. Lillie asked Gabby if she could find her nametag off of the table and Gabby froze. Not terrible, just how she normally does with strangers, heck, she still does that with people she has seen for years! So as i didn't want her to start a freak out moment, i carefully waved at Mrs. Lillie and quietly exited (can you quietly exit anywhere with three children?!?!?!). No i'm not a terrible mother, we said our good-byes and i'm proud of you's before even getting to her room. We all went back to pick her up at 11:30, and that girl came out of the room with her smile beaming from ear to ear and so happy. Happy cuz she had so much fun and happy to hug her mommy! We were all quite excited. Ty was so excited, he wanted to get Gabby's stuff out of her locker for her (fight ensued)...but it ended quickly. Lex just wanted to roam the halls and take the cars of the street that were up on the walls...oye...18 months old, she's a handfull. We happily walked out with our first day of pre-school stuff that Gabby happily put in her big girl back pack (90% of which was for me - scholastic book sales and cookie dough sales, here we come, oh, and my favorite - school pics!). We went home to have a nice lunch and chill before the next thing...ok, so i had a great morning too! my baby is growing so big and is so wonderful! how amazing it is to see the miracle of life from birth on. I am so proud of my little girl. She is wonderful and i am so blessed, even though sometimes it's hard to feel that way, but i'll take all of the bad, just so i can enjoy these little moments! moving on to the next part of the day. Alexis turned 18 months yesterday. We had her check up this afternoon (no, i don't torture myself by filling up my days so much - i just didn't know i was going to be watching riley and having gabby's first day on this same day...but i can say i'm tired and won't plan it this way again.) Our baby still doesn't weigh 20 pounds...19lb 4 oz. she gained about a half a pound in 2 months. Nothing too big to worry about, but she is sending us to an endocrinologist to run some tests and make sure that there aren't underlying disorders, etc that would cause her to be small...so, not bad news, but i tend to worry...praying for peace and that there won't be anything except the fact that she will be petite...Ok, i think that's it for my day. We had fun! I loved today and will cherish it for the rest of my life. I am so thankful to our family and friends (most of those friends we also consider family as well...) We love you all so much. Thanks for being a part of our lives. You are all very special.






oh, and after re-reading some of this, i realize that i have a hard time staying on track...so if you got here without being confused - you get extra points. If you are confused, please don't ask for clarification, as that would take 6 more pages...and you would still be confused.



Love to you all!

2 comments:

BAHowells said...

She looks SO thrilled to be going to school!! I'm glad! I can't wait to talk to her about it- I'm sure her and Jaedon will have LOTS to chat about ;)
way ta go, Mom!

Anonymous said...

Blah blah blah, Just kiddin, I had to write something. Just amazing I actually got here. Uncle Butter
P.S. Those are cute pictures.