Monday, August 18, 2008

Update on my neice's baby - Matthew Robert

Here's the update on Matthew Robert - my neice, Holly's baby that was born three months pre-mature...please pray for baby matthew's health and for his mom and dad as they learn what they need to know.

Monday, August 18, 2008

my pumpkins sick
I just wanted to throw in an update. Thingss really have been crap lately. Ive been so miserably worried its making me sick. Im going on little sleep right now.
Matthew has something called necrotizing enterocolitis. Pretty much what it is part of his bowel is really infected (or possibly dead) so hes been very sick. They are giving him medicine to treat it but if it doesnt treat it all of the way he is going to have to have surgery to remove part of the bowel.
He was supposed to have PDA surgery on his heart valve but they need the infection in his stomach to clear up first so he doesnt get any sicker.
I never in my life imagined how heart breaking it would be to see your son in so much pain. That poor baby has had to endure more in 3 weeks than most people do in a lifetime.
Not a whole lot can be done right now on my part other than letting him know im by his side and it hurts me because I just want to make him better.
Ill keep everyone updated but just keep praying for his health to get better and that Matt and I can be strong enough to stick together as a family during these times.
Thank you to everyone whos sent me messages seeing how were doing and letting us know they care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are WAY overdue for an update. How's the exercising going???