Thursday, September 10, 2009

Giving Wings…

I never thought sending your first born to Kindergarten would be so emotional. i was on my way home from my class last night and heard the song "I loved her first"...cried the whole way home. But isn't this just the beginning of her long road of adding people that love her? We did (and do) love her first (well, second to God), but I'm so excited that she's going out to become who she is...can't wait to see her grow into who she’s meant to be…but wow, it’s scary.

Aunt Conny is picking Gabby up on Tues/Thurs to take the girls (her and Riley) to Kindergarten. So that’s awesome. She doesn’t have to be on the bus for 50 minutes in the am, and she get’s to go with her best friend. and she has McKenna and Aidyn to enter her school with her. But she’s riding the big yellow guy at the end of the day, and that makes me nervous. They get on one bus and then are transferred to the middle school where they get on their real bus…thankfully her teacher rides with them and makes sure that they get on the right bus…ah…more fear for mommy. Anyway – she’s got her first full day, her lunch is packed, her homework done, and I'm sending my first baby off to Kindergarten.

Giving wings…

I love you Gabby!

1 comment:

BeckyG. said...

I know exactly what you mean!
Praying this journey will be a reminder daily of how great our God is! I'm so glad He takes care of them better than us! She is such a sweet girl, I'll bet she will be loved by all!