Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hopp Family Get together…to celebrate the lives of Grandma and Grandpa Hopp

Some may know, some may not.  My grandfather was diagnosed with Lung Cancer and after much testing, and other stuff i don’t really know about – they found cancer in multiple places and multiple organs, but the majority and worst of the bunch, was a fast spreading brain cancer.  I know that God can move mountains, God is a healer, He is the Almighty physician…and i trust that if it is God’s will, He will heal Grandpa of the cancer, but I also know that God might be ready to call to His servant to come home to Him.  In amongst all the findings, there were plans to have a family get together to cover the spring time and the Christmas get together that the family never had last year.  thankfully, we did get to enjoy my grandparents for Christmas and our Children enjoyed the time as well!  But, my family decided to keep our spring get together on the calendar, and this was it.  Quite a few family that we haven’t seen in a while were there, and even a niece of my Grandpa’s was there, that I've never even met!  My grandma swore that i reminded her of Julie (my grandpa’s niece)…and i finally met her…It was a very nice get together, and it was nice to spend some more time with the family.  Oh how i will continue to pray for more days with Grandma and Grandpa.  Each day is a blessing.

No comments: